(Updated June 16, 2021)
Now that we are meeting again in person we know there are some FAQs regarding our COVID safety procedures. We've compiled answers to some of the most common.
1. What is our current COVID safety procedure?
Our COVID safety procedures has 4 main parts. (Please note: if you have been fully vaccinated, these are no longer required).
COVID safety precautions
- Masks: if you have not been vaccinated, masks will still be required indoors. Masks are now optional outdoors for everyone.
- Physical Distancing: if you have not been vaccinated, physical distancing will still be required.
- Hygiene (sanitization): there are hand sanitization stations throughout the church campus
- Stay home if sick/have symptoms: for the sake of the most vulnerable in our church family, we ask those who are sick or have COVID symptoms to join our service online instead of in person.
- Air ventilation: We have new filters and an up-to-date A/C system in the church sanctuary. We have also added two new heavy-duty exhaust fans to the sanctuary to help with airflow.
2. I have been vaccinated. Do I still need to wear a mask at church?
As of June 15, 2021, if you have been fully vaccinated wearing a mask is now optional, and not required.
3. How will you determine if someone has been vaccinated?
We will post signs on our campus describing the masking policy for those who are vaccinated and those who are not. If someone does not wear a mask indoors, we will take it they are self-attesting that they have been vaccinated. We will not be asking people their vaccination status directly.
4.I would like to take additional precautions. What are my options?
We recognize that everyone is at a different stage in their health journey. If you need to take extra precautions, you can choose any of the following options:
- We will have two "masks required" areas in the sanctuary; the section of pews on the organ side, and the balcony area. These will be sections where we will ask everyone to wear their masks in consideration for those around them, regardless of their vaccination status. Those who sit in this area will also be asked to practice physical distancing with those not in their household.
- We will set up a TV in the East Courtyard where people can watch the service outdoors
- We will continue to livestream our services for those who need to still remain at home at this time
4.What about Children's Ministry?
We are planning on reopening our Children's Ministry program in stages throughout the month of July. Please watch this space for more details. (Please note: as of July 16, 2021, those in children and youth settings are still required to wear their masks indoors, whether or not they are fully vaccinated).
5.Do we still need to pre-register?
Registration is no longer necessary to attend church.
We know this has been a challenging year. We are so grateful for the many ways this church family has shown grace and compassion to each other throughout this time as we seek to love each other well.
Adventist Council and FAQ on COVID vaccines:
As vaccines become more available to the general public, we are aware of some question that have arisen, both theological and medical. The North American Division, in consultation with the Biblical Research Institute and the Loma Linda University School of Public health have put together some resources we hope will be helpful. We are also linked the official Adventist statement regarding immunizations in general.